For a number of years now, the P&C have been providing an opportunity for students to perform as soloists in a concert series called “Soloist Concerts”. While students have opportunities to perform with the school ensembles and sing with the school choir, there are few opportunities for students to perform as soloists. The concerts are held in one of the Conservatorium Recital Halls. There is no adjudication or competition, rather a supportive environment in which students can demonstrate their talent at whatever level they have reached. Before the concerts, there is a rehearsal in the venue and the P&C provide afternoon tea. Here are the dates for this year:
March 14, 6.30pm Year 9 and 10
May 30, 6.30pm Year 11 and 12
August 15, 6.30pm Year 8
October 31, 6.30 pm Year 7
• Students may choose to perform a duet with a fellow student.
• Concerts are held in year groups.
• Dress code is performance uniform.
• There is no charge to participate.
• An accompanist for the concert will be provided, along with one rehearsal.
• Entry is free!
Please complete the form below and return to the front office before February 24 if you would like to participate.