Total raised: $720.50.
The BBQ made $308.50.
- We made a call at 8.30am to run the BBQ as there was no sign of rain and it turned out to be a beautiful day.
- Approximately 55 sausage sandwiches/rolls and 12 bacon & egg sandwiches were sold. Along with some drinks and chips.
- We had 32 bread rolls which sold out quickly and also 2 1/2 loaves of white Helgas bread. Next time we are planning to have 50 bread rolls and 2 loaves of bread. I think this will be sufficient in August but probably double it for the summer months.
The Cafe made $412.00.
- We sold 5 pasta bolognaise’s, 8 sandwiches (egg, mayonnaise, lettuce/ham, tomato, cheese). A couple of customers wanted them toasted but no sandwich press (see below for a suggestion on the sandwich press).
- Coffee was a big seller. There were a variety of sweet things including chocolate cake, brownies, banana bread, blueberry muffins, orange and poppyseed muffins, cupcakes & cookies.
- We did have leftovers of sweets and at the end of the day were selling them for $1.00 each. We tried selling items in a basket up in the Con HS waiting area for the AMEB exams. No sales as it seemed everyone was too nervous to eat before their exam.
- We also put some items next to the BBQ, in which the chips sold well. I bought in 2 boxes of Deli Rock Salt & Vinegar and Sea Salt. These we donated to me from the girls’ primary school fair co-ordinator as they were left over from the fair on the 11th May. There is still a box left over and I have kept them in the kitchen labelled. Expiry date is sometime in June.
- I also bought mandarins and next time I think I will also buy apples and bananas, as a customer wanted an apple or banana (I can always bring them home if we don’t sell them).
- There are some eggs left in the fridge from Year 7 and also noticed some others there as well.
- We ran out of milk quickly (ie. by 10.30am). George Fong purchased more milk, so there are some leftovers in the front fridge for you to use. They are due on the 4th and 5th June.
- The trolley was not in the kitchen or in the storeroom, so we carried up the items to the BBQ area in bags.
- We couldn’t close 2 padlocks. One on the narrow cupboard and the other was the back steel cabinet. Hope that’s ok that we left the padlock unlocked.
- Total takings from the the was $720.50. Bronte and I would like to propose buying a sandwich press using some of the funds raised. I am sure we can source one for under $100. Please let us know if you approve of this before I bank the money.
- The only other comment I’d like to make is that the volunteers were wonderful and hardworking. Not sure if you will notice the extra clean kitchen on Saturday!
Rachael Tsang & Bronte Pang